The Love Cheer

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pressing on through the sleepiness

Do you have days where you feel so tired that it's hard to even keep your eyes open? (It reminds me of an episode in the Tom & Jerry cartoon, where Tom was so tired that he had to keep his eyes open with toothpicks.) That's what I felt like last night. Since 4 that afternoon, I was already looking forward to jumping into bed after dinner.

And of course, God always has the best timing in challenging us to love others. After struggling to stay awake and responsive through dinner, I was just getting ready to say good night to everyone, when my sister asked if I could drive her around to run some errands. Oh mannnnnn.....

Thankfully, it was a lot quicker than I expected. Plus, it reminded me how fun and relaxing it is to go out at night in your pj's. I'm glad that I got to spend that time with my sister, and she was very thankful for my help as well.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment